1. final recipient of cargo registers for an Acquitrans account;
2. account holder, then enters an Inbound Tracking Alert (ITA) for each parcel or freight shipment that is in route to the consolidation address declaring
- description of product
- commodity class
- the value for customs
- insurance value if they wish to purchase total loss or all risk insurance
- special handling instructions (inspection, repacking, etc)
- any additional final delivery instructions.
3. When a parcel arrives at the consolidation facility:
4. Notices are sent to all recipients when the cargo is tendered to the airline, uplifts, arrives, consol cleared and ready for pickup.
- photo is taken of the shipping label and parcel
- photos are uploaded and if an ITA is filed a received notice is emailed to the final consignee;
- if no ITA is filed the parcel is Received As Unknown (RAU) and can be later claimed by the the tracking/pro number of each parcel received at the consolidation facility is entered into the Acquitrans site.
- parcel/freight weight and measure is entered into Acquitrans;
- shipping charges for the parcel are entered against the chargeable weight along with any additional charges for handling, inspection/inventory, insurance, etc
- final recipient is sent an email of all of the itemized charges along with photos of any handling performed;
- re-labeled with the HAWB and a large label of the original tracking number it came in on
- piece is manifested to the consolidation and placed in an oversize cargo box or pallet for tender to the airline;
- every charge against each tracking number will appear on the recipients final invoice.
5. De-consolidator prints out already prepared invoices and matches the cargo up to each recipients final invoice;
6. De-consolidator accepts payment and releases or forwards cargo to final recipient