ocean transportation rates
Use this link to compare average ocean shipping costs from the U.S., to more than 73 different countries.
estimated average ocean rates include:
- local commercial pickup;
- interstate trucking costs;
- ocean freight;
- estimated foreign terminal handling fees;
- costs for more than 40,000 lbs do not include terminal handling / destination fees.
estimated average air costs include::
- door to door service - all fees except for any duties;
- door to port - all fees except for duties and residential pickup.
additional information on total cost of international transportation
transportation costs paid by the shipper: (when the shipment is booked or picked up)
- local pickup from residence or business and transport to ocean port (in some cases cargo can be dropped off at a terminal);
- ocean rated pallet and wrap (the necessity of this depends on the fragility and size of cargo);
- filing the export documents such as the AES and certificate of origin;
- ocean freight - transport costs from US port to foreign port;
- inland trasnport - transportation cost from the foreign port to an inland city in the foreign country.
destination costs paid by the recipient or consignee: (when the shipment arrives at the foreign port)
- destination port or terminal fee
- filing customs forms / import documents - many recipients do this on their own;
- duties or import taxes - (most countries have exemptions for personal effects);
- local delivery from the port/terminal - many recipients do this themselves or hire the lowest cost local provider.